Many parents are adept at sleeping with their baby, but they must also take into account a few safety rules to prevent accidents. Some specialists believe that sleeping in the same bed with the baby can be done safely because our bodies are created so that they can be in close proximity to the baby both during the day and at night, at least for his first six. months of life.
Sleeping with your child is okay only if you or your partner are not smokers, as this increases the risk of sudden infant death. You can sleep in the same bed with the baby if you do not consume alcohol and do not take drugs, you are not overweight and you are not very tired. All of these factors can lead to accidents such as baby choking if you accidentally roll over it.
It depends on you where the baby is sleeping and whether you want to sleep in the same bed with your baby or not. However, if you have made the decision to sleep in the same bed, you must follow some safety rules.
Safety rules for sleeping with the baby
• Do not give your baby a pillow. Babies do not need to rest their head on the pillow, plus it might suffocate them if it gets over their head.
• Make sure that your breathing is not disturbed by a blanket or blanket.
• Do not sleep on beds filled with water or beds that do not have a firm mattress.
• Use sheets that are fixed to the mattress.
Possibly buy from those with elastic edge, which does not slip.
• Make sure the bed frame and the side of the bed are fixed to the wall and there is no place where the baby could roll or bend.
• Have the baby sleep on his back.
Several baby death research foundations recommend that the baby should sleep next to you, rather than rush for you, for the first six months of life. In this way he can sleep in his own crib but at the same time he is under your supervision.
For this purpose you can use a baby crib like the one that attaches to your bed. This is a crib that can be adapted to attach to your bed by detaching one of the sides. This way you can sleep together safely. Or you can put the baby crib right next to yours.
Tags Sleeping babies